Creating a League
- League creation is for members of Stick The Rock only. If you are not a member, choose 'join' from the signin area on the left.
- Once you are signed in, choose 'Create League' from the left navigation. Note that you will only be able to maintain the league information for the leagues that you create. Other site visitors will see your league statistics, but will not have the ability to edit any of the information.
- In the league creation form, enter as much information as possible to describe your league. Required fields are marked.
- Choosing how many players per team and how many games each player plays will control how scores are entered for each match. Although you can have any number of players on a team roster, only enter how many will actually play in each match.
- At the bottom of the league creation form is an area to enter the team names. Enter each name on it's own line in the box. You can simply press enter to advance to the next line.
- You do not need to create a team to organize your league's substitute players, this will be created for you automatically.
- After you complete the form, press 'Create League' to save your information. You will be directed to a page where you can add players to your league.
- If you have just created a league, you will be directed to the Add Players form. If you need to add players at a later date, you can get to the Add Players form by selecting 'Add Players' from the left navigation menu. (Note that all league management links are only available after you have signed in and have selected your league from the League Stats page.)
- Create a new player by entering a first name and last name into the form and selecting the appropriate team from the drop down menu at the bottom of the form. By default, new players will be added to the Substitutes team unless you specify a team.
- If you enter a phone number for each person, it will be shown on the stat sheet when it gets printed.
- If you need to report your roster information to a sanctioning authority (such as the BCA) or want to create mailing lists for your league, you can fill out all of the player information and use the export roster feature to create a spreadsheet of player information.
Scoring and Handicapping
- Stick The Rock uses a base-10 scoring system. Players receive 1 point for each ball pocketed during their game and 10 points for a win. Handicaps are calculated by taking a player's total number of points and dividing by the number of games they have played.
- Player averages represent the player's win percentage. It is not the same as the handicap.
- To record the scores for a match, select Record Match from the left navigation menu. (Note that all league management links are only available after you have signed in and have selected your league from the League Stats page.)
- On the record match page, choose two teams from the available drop down menus. A scoresheet with the team's players will appear below.
- Enter numeric scores for each team's total number of points earned in the match and the total number of rounds won in that match
- For each player's score sheet, you can select a regular team player (from the top of the list), a member of the substitutes team(the second grouping within the list), or *** FORFEIT *** (which is at the very bottom of the list)
- Enter numeric (integers only) scores for each game a player competed in, as well as the number of table runs they accumulated in that match. Empty fields will be recorded as zero.
- When all of the information for that match is entered, select Record Match to submit the data. A record of that matches data will be stored for you to delete or update at a later time.
Modifying Match Information
- If you need to correct information from a previously recorded match, select Modify Matches from the left navigation.
- Choose the match for which the information is incorrect or delete the entire match from the match listing page.
- Update the necessary information on the scoresheet and select Update Match to record the changes.
Modifying League Information
- You can update league information, change team names, delete teams, add teams, or completely delete the league from the Modify League link in the left navigation. Simply change or add the necessary information and choose Update League to record it.
- If you delete a team that has players associated with it, they will be moved to the Substitutes team.
- Renaming a team does not change that players associated with it.
Adding a Note to your League
- You can add a note that will appear on your league stat sheet by choosing Modify League from the left navigation.
- Enter whatever text you would like to appear and choose Update.
- Only one block of text is allowed
- To remove the note, choose Modify League and remove the text from the League Notes field. Select Update.
Modifying Player Records
- You can update player information or make roster changes by choosing Edit Player from the left navigation.
- You can delete players from your league so long as there are no games recored for that player.
Loading a Schedule
- League administrators can upload a single PDF document to serve as a schedule for their league's members.
- Once you are signed in and viewing your league, 'Upload Schedule' appears in the league management area on the left.
- Note that only PDF files are allowed and files must be less than 1 Mb in file size.
- To upload a new file, simply upload a new document and it will overwrite the previous file.